Cardiac Rehabilitation Services
Brossman Center for Health
Ephrata Community Hospital offers a comprehensive accredited Cardiac Rehabilitation outpatient program designed to assist people who have experienced a recent cardiac event. The program helps you strengthen your heart and reduce the risk of future heart problems.
Who Benefits from Cardiac Rehabilitation?
People who have experienced recent cardiac events including:
- Heart attack
- Coronary bypass surgery
- Stent placement
- Stable angina
- Heart valve surgery
- Heart transplant
What are the Benefits of Cardiac Rehabilitation?
Benefits may include:
What does the Program Offer?
- Reduce your overall risk of future heart problems
- Improve you overall health and quality of life
- Help you recover from a heart attack or heart surgery
- Address your risk factors for heart disease
- Adopt healthy lifestyles
The program includes:
- Individualized, prescribed exercise sessions with constant cardiac monitoring
- Patient and family education
- Dietary consultation and class
- Smoking Cessation
- Educational and social events through the Healing Hearts Support Group
- Stress management class
- Outpatient behavioral health counseling
The Cardiac Rehab Department is staffed by Registered Nurses and a Cardiac Care Tech who maintains ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) Certification. The department is also supported by a certified tech trained in older adult fitness and strength training. In addition, a physician is available onsite in case of emergencies.
The Cardiac Rehab Department is located at the Brossman Center for Health, 136-C Lake Street in Ephrata. For directions, click here.