1st Floor, Main Hospital
In the event of a life-threatening emergency, call 911 for immediate assistance.
The Emergency Department is prepared to handle your family's unexpected medical emergencies, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Staffed by doctors board certified in Emergency Medicine, Certified Physician Assistants and Emergency Nurses, the Emergency Department is supported by the full range of diagnostic services offered through Ephrata Community Hospital.
Emergency Department Features
The Emergency Department was recently renovated and offers the following upgraded features:
- Increased patient capacity by more than 80%, to a total of more than 28,000 square feet
- Increased patient treatment areas from 16 to 26
- Increased work space for physicians, nurses, and other staff
- New behavioral health crisis center
- Telestroke capabilities to care for stroke patients
Enhanced Patient Safety
- Increased level of privacy for each patient, facilitating family support and increasing overall quality of care
- Streamlined the initial diagnosis, triage and treatment of patients, especially the more acute cases. leading to improved quality of care
- Enables more efficient lock-down protocols
- Allows better monitoring of patients entering the hospital and patients in triage areas
QuickCare is an Option for Minor Health Concerns
QuickCare offers care for minor injuries and illnesses when many doctors' offices are closed. For more serious conditions, call 911 or visit the Emergency Department.
Two Convenient Locations!
The Center for Health at Garden Spot Village
Hours: Monday-Friday, 4:00-9:00 p.m.; Saturday, 1:00-9:00 p.m.; Sunday, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Ephrata Diagnostic Center
Hours: Open daily, 9:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m.
What Happens When I Arrive at the Emergency Department?
Will I Have to Wait to See a Nurse or Physician?
What Happens in the Emergency Department?
Will I Receive Care Instructions Before I Leave the Emergency Department?