"ECH CARES" Discount Program
Ephrata Community Hospital created the "ECH CARES" discount program to help patients that are unable to pay or have limited resources to pay their hospital bills. For more information, call (717) 738-6261.
You have NO healthcare insurance & cannot afford to pay for your services
- When you have NO INSURANCE and are not eligible for Medical Assistance you may qualify to either have your hospital bill fully paid or reduced by the "ECH CARES" discount program.
You have insurance with coinsurance and deductibles
- When you HAVE INSURANCE but have COINSURANCE OR DEDUCTIBLES that you can't afford, "ECH CARES" may be able to pay them for you.
Items NOT Covered by the "ECH CARES" Discount Program
- Northern Lancaster County Medical Group (NLCMG): Copays are not part of the ECH Cares Discount Program. These will still be collected at all Hospital owned practices at the time of service.
- Plastic and Bariatrics, and Any Maintenance Programs (i.e., cardiac and respiratory) are NOT covered. Does not cover services that must be sent outside of the hospital system (i.e., Reference Labs).
- EME Medical Equipment and Home Care Supplies services NOT covered include Power Lift Chairs and Power Mobility Equipment (Scooters, Van lifts, Power wheel chairs, etc.)
- Click HERE to download a copy of the "ECH CARES" Program Eligibility Information.
- If you believe you are eligible, please click HERE to download a copy of the APPLICATION.
- Please see the application for required supporting documentation.
- Please note your supporting documentation will not be shared with anyone - this is used for qualification purposes only.
- Please make sure all supporting documentation is attached to your application. If you do not provide all the information, a delay in the processing of your application will occur.
- Liquid Asset value could be used by Ephrata Community Hospital as a out of pocket assessment in order for you to qualify for this discount program you may be responsible for a percentage of your total balance before the discount program will cover your remaining balances.
- If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Service Department at (717) 738-6261 from 8:00 AM-4:00 PM, Monday-Friday.