Health Insurance MarketplaceDON’T KNOW ABOUT THE HEALTH INSURANCE MARKETPLACE?
You should. It’ll help you find health insurance that fits your budget, with less hassle. Whether you’re uninsured, or just want to explore your choices, the Marketplace can help you find a plan that’s right for you. Don’t miss out – Enroll now as enrollment starts October 1, 2013.
TOP THREE REASONS TO SIGN UP FOR HEALTH INSURANCE
- If your family member gets sick, you won't have to worry about big medical bills or going into bankruptcy.
- The insurance plan you choose will be there to cover all of the care you need.
- You will be able to find a plan that fits your budget.
THREE THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT THE HEALTH INSURANCE MARKETPLACE
1. It’s an easier way to shop for health insurance
The Health Insurance Marketplace simplifies your search for health insurance by gathering all your options in one place.application, one time, and you and your family can explore every qualified insurance plan in your area, along with any free or low-cost insurance programs you may qualify for.
2. Most people will be able to get a break on costs
Programs that lower costs are available for almost everyone.may be eligible for a free or low cost plan, or a new kind of tax credit that lowers your monthly premiums right away.rules and expanded programs mean that even working families can get help paying for health insurance at the Marketplace.
3. Gives you control over your options with clear, apples-to-apples comparisons.IMPORTANT FACTS:
All health insurance plans in the Marketplace present their price and benefit information in simple terms you can understand, so you don’t have to guess about your costs.get a clear picture of what you’re paying and what you’re getting, before you make a choice.
- There will be new, affordable insurance options available for people without insurance.
- All insurance plans will have to cover doctor visits, hospitalizations, maternity care, emergency room care, and prescriptions.
- Financial help is available so you can find a plan that fits your budget.
- If you have a pre-existing condition, insurance plans cannot deny you coverage.
- All insurance plans will have to show the costs and what is covered in simple language with no fine print.
- You will be able to compare plans all on one website.
- Help will be available online, by phone, and in person to find the plan that works best for you.
COVERAGE VIA THE HEALTH INSURANCE MARKETPLACE STARTS IN JANUARY 2014
When key parts of the health care law take effect in 2014, there’ll be a new way to buy health insurance: the Health Insurance Marketplace. The Marketplace is designed to help you find health insurance that fits your budget, with less hassle.
LEARN MORE AT:
(A federal government website managed by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services.)
(A nonpartisan 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to ensure that all Americans are enrolled in and retain health coverage.)
KEY DATES FOR THE HEALTH INSURANCE MARKETPLACE
The Marketplace is a new way to find health coverage that fits your budget and meets your needs. There are things you can do to start getting ready now, and some upcoming key dates you should mark on your calendar.
6 Key Dates
June 2013: The Marketplace Call Center opens 1-800-318-2596; TTY: 1-855-889-4325
July 2013: Set up account at HealthCare.gov
September 2013: Get personalized help in your area
October 1, 2013: Open enrollment starts
January 1, 2014: Health coverage can start
March 31, 2014: Open enrollment ends.
VISIT HEALTCARE.GOV NOW
• Sign up for email or texts to get the latest news and reminders of important dates.
• Find out what you may qualify for or to get answers to your questions.
• Learn more about what you can do to get ready for the Marketplace.