Comprehensive Breast Care Program
If you or someone you love have questions about breast care or have been diagnosed with breast cancer, we invite you to experience the Comprehensive Breast Care Program. Whatever stage you may be in, our breast care coordinators can help you through the treatment process with care and confidence.
Our breast program was specially developed by a multidisciplinary team whose members represent all facets of breast health. A surgeon, radiologist, medical oncologist, radiation oncologist, family physician, women’s health nurse, mammography technologist and a breast cancer survivor all helped create this comprehensive program that recognizes the importance of physical and emotional health. The result balances medical expertise with personal understanding and helps women navigate through the healthcare system for breast care concerns.
The Comprehensive Breast Care Program offers a wide variety of services including:
- Support services, such as psychological and nutritional counseling
- Second opinions, when necessary.
- Conferences with breast specialists prior to treatment
- A liaison between the woman and her healthcare team
- Support groups for women and their families.
- Access to nationally recognized research programs
- Referrals for post-mastectomy products and services
- Community outreach
- Risk evaluation and genetic screening information
- Lymphedema education and treatment
For more information on breast care or on our program, please call 717-721-5750.