One of the primary strengths of the Ephrata Cancer Center is that we are hospital based. This means that we have the resources of a full service community hospital as we engage our patients and their families in their lives with cancer.
The Patient Services Coordinator is a key resource and is at the core of these services. The role of the Patient Services Coordinator is to remove roadblocks to treatment to help our patients keep their appointments, follow their treatment regimen and receive the support sources they need. We want to make sure that comprehensive and varied cancer care services offered through the center are accessible to all patients, especially those who may not have the advantage of strong family and community support.
Support services include:
- Social Services: Provide emotional support, short-term counseling, and information regarding community resources.
- Nutrition Services: Provides education and guidance to cancer patients and their families during treatment.
- Pain Management Services: Offers comprehensive state-of-the art pain treatment to cancer patients.
- Psychiatric Services: Provides psychiatric counseling and support to patients and families dealing with cancer.
- Rehabilitation Services (Physical and Occupational Therapy): Provide a full range of inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services, including a lymphedema program.
- Home Care: Provide quality care to cancer patients in the comfort of their own homes.
- Hospice: Provides quality palliative and supportive services for end of life care.
- Pastoral Care: Provides spiritual and emotional support to patients and families dealing with cancer.
- Fiscal Counseling: Discuss and understand how the patient’s insurance coverage meets their cancer treatment needs.
- Outside agencies: Referrals are made to outside agencies (American Cancer Society, Office of Aging, Ephrata Area Social Services, etc.) as needed.